I got some great super fast snacks/meals that are my little life savers at those times when I have lots to do and no time to cook.
So here’s five of my favorite “fast” foods; great to prepare when you are in a hurry/just don’t have the energy to cook:
1. Avocados with salt & lemon juice / lemon pepper
– The fastest food eva! Just cut the avocado in half, squeeze a bit of lemon juice in it and sprinkle some good sea salt on top. SO good, and just the most simple thing to prepare. (Lemon pepper is great as an alternative spice)
2. Carrot sticks with hummus/cashew butter
– Cut some carrots into sticks and serve with your favorite dip; I like hummus and cashew butter.
3. Veggie burger (with toast – so no need for fancy burger buns)
– On a pan, fry a steak of your choice (mine is a veggie one, since I am not a meat eater). Put two slices of toast into the toaster – when ready, toss onto your plate. Add ketchup, your steak, pickles (not the healthiest food – but I love’em) + whatever veggies you can find from the fridge (I had green beans) between the toast slices. SO yummy and quick.
– Mix some chia seeds into some milk (of your choice, I use almond). Add (raw) cocoa powder if you want the pudding chocolatey, a bit of sweetener (like stevia or honey), maybe some vanilla extract (plus cut a banana in it, if you want if very filling) and blend! Let sit in the fridge for about 15-30 minutes and tadaa! You got yourself a yummy sweet pudding.
Well, the queen (or king…can’t decide if smoothie would be male of female!) of all the quickie foods. You can make it a fruitie by blending only fruit/veg in your blender or a smoothie by adding things like super foods, cocoa powder, milk etc in it.
One of my all time favs is: strawberry banana smoothie with mint. Delicioso. (frozen strawberries + a banana + almond milk + sweetener is needed + fresh mint = Done!)
Well, a post about fast foodies deserves a quick ending, so… Bye!
pics: brianwferry.com, tumblr.com, my own