Yep, the cravings for salads are a sure sign… that spring really, truly is coming! (we have been waiting for this love of ours for a good amount of time here in Finland this year)
So, to honor my love for these green sprintime meals, I give you one very simple and oh so delicious salad recipe;
Broccoli Gone Divine-salad
– lots of salad (choose your fav greens here)
– some halloumi cheese / goat cheese
– a good amount of broccoli (choose organic if possible)
(sesame seeds, optional)
+ raw veggies of your choice (I used tomatoes & cucumber)
1. Roast the broccoli in coconut oil on a hot pan. Add some good salt, black pepper, balsamic vinegar and honey. Let the broccoli cool a bit.
2. Fry the halloumi / goat cheese on a pan till golden brown.
3. Put the chopped salad in your salad bowl, add the cheese & broccoli on top.
4. Add the sesame seeds. (These seeds are an amazing source of calcium by the way!)
5. Add some good olive oil, lemon juice and a little dash on good salt & pepper on top of your gorgeous bowl of salad.
6. Enjoy and say “by-bye winter, welcome sunshine”!
If salad is “bunny food” I am one giant bunnygirl!