… And really, nothing is. Everything and everyone has more sides to them than your eyes may see.
black and white is a nice combo – but not what life’s about,
Your body’s ph is, according to numerous scientists and nutrition & wellness experts, a crucial factor when overall health, your energy levels and the risk of disease is considered.
Ummmmmm and why? you may ask…
Well here is why:
– your body should (in its natural, healthy state) have a pH that’s slighty alkaline, around 7.30-7.45
– most people suffering from various health issues have an acid pH
“Over acidity, which can become a dangerous condition that weakens all body systems, is very common today. It gives rise to an internal environment conducive to disease, as opposed to a pH balanced environment which allows normal body function necessary for the body to resist disease. A healthy body maintains adequate alkaline reserves to meet emergency demands. When excess acids must be neutralized our alkaline reserves are depleted leaving the body in a weakened condition. A pH balanced diet, according to many experts, is a vital key to health maintenance.” (source: Natural Health School)
And here is what makes your body acid:
– milk products
– corn oil, canola oil
– pastries, wheat products, non-complex carbs
– artificial sweeteners
– canned tuna, processed meat products
– pastries, sweet treats, sugar
… So basically the problem is too much milk, meat and carbs (non-complex ones). Add in a good dose of sugar and artificial sweeteners and your on your way to Acid Town!
But hey, don’t feel depressed, cause I got news for ya! It’s all in your hands – and with some plant-based babies you can change the direction towards a healthy, slightly alkaline pH.
Here is the Amazing Seven (yea I just named them) – the 7 most alkaline foods:
One more reason to love those avocados…
Now you are like – “You took booze, sugar, carbs, meat and milk away from me….And gave me kale and celery?!?”… And yes, that’s what I did, but don’t feel disappointed. You don’t need to do a full-on change and leave all your meat/ice cream/chocolate/baguettes and just munch spinach all the time. No way Jose! Cause that would not be a fun life, I get it.
What you can do is, add some of these alkaline foods to your diet, little by little. And by adding a bit more of them to your diet every day, you are going to notice a big change. It also takes some time for the body to cleanse (sometimes a long time) so patience is needed. But slowly, after eating a more alkaline diet for a while, you will notice craving those alkaline foods more and eating less meat/milk products/wheat/sugar and other acidic products.
So, let’s get grooving and jiving, buy those greens from the supermarket and soon we can face the day with energized, alkaline bodies!
And before you start this alkalizing project, you can buy the pH strips from your nearest pharmacy. Here you can also find a very good picture chart + information on the pH if you want more information on this.
And just to finish things up, I really believe these tips mentioned above are one of the most simple and effective things out there that you can do, starting today, to feel great. And if you are at the moment feeling a bit stressed out/sluggish/not-so-energized, these tips are gonna work even better. Just let them do their magic and try an alkaline diet for a while – and see what happens.
I am gonna start behaving like a good pH student myself – cause I just tested my pH and it was 7.0. Room for improvement I say – after a relaxed summer with some of those acid foods here and there it’s time for some alkaline-energy!
amazingly magical alkaline times ahead…
Some days you may feel like the lady in the pic above, that is if you are single – or maybe your relationship isn’t totally blooming with romance right this moment today.
Those days you might find yourself in that “I will never find anyone”-cycle of thought. Or “he/she just doesn’t get me” might be the phrase if you are with someone. I will not go into the whole power of thought-concept here, because I hope you do know that those phrases are bullshit (and by changing your thoughts you can change the whole way you look at life) and you do deserve amazingly good things and piles of mushy romance.
I will just advice you to say “whatever” on a day you feel not so amazing about the romance levels in your life and use these tips to perk up your day and lift up your faith in romance:
1. Watch a movie. Preferably a romantic one. (if you are one of those cynical people who hates romantic movies/romcoms, well I just gotta say… You are missing out dude!)
– You’ve got mail
– Sleepless in Seattle
– PS. I love You.
– The Holiday
– Love Actually
…I could go on but maybe you get the genre I am going for here. Mushy!
2. Eat good ice cream. I don’t normally touch almost any dairy products, because my body ain’t a fan, BUT I do make an exception with ice cream. Favorites are: Ben & Jerry’s, homemade banana ice cream and coconut ice cream, like this one. (not available here in Finland though. Boooooo.) And though there isn’t any scientific evidence on this, I actually am pretty sure that ice cream does contain some kind of a soothing particle that relieves heartache and emotional stress. (Can I get my Nobel now?)
Though eating to help you get over something you are feeling isn’t normally good or something I would advice doing – I just kinda think ice cream is special and eating a pile of greens just doesn’t work as well. Sorry kale.
4. Watch this:
….and the world feels a lot better again.
5. Read a good book. Reading is underrated these days, which is really a shame. Reading a great novel/whatever kind of book you fancy that day takes you out of your own thoughts into a totally new setting, a fresh world with boundless new views. Try it, you may get hooked. I recently read And the mountains echoed and I felt like the story really took be next to those mountains – this book was fascinating.
6. Sweat in any form you wish to do it, I prefer running. (and after a run/other form of exercise, it’s nicer to wonder to that pint of ice cream) Clears your head better than anything. And often I found my problems to be way smaller than I though after a workout.
And a final reminder – whether you are looking for that Mr. or Mrs. or just otherwise crave more romance in your life – remember, there are people/happenings like this out there… This clip is an oldie but oh-so-goodie:
I miss Whole Foods – badly. I love that store in a crazy passionate way that only other healthy food junkies can understand. I miss the products, the packaging of the products, the aisles (filled with happy people skipping merrily with their carts – at least in my mind), the chocolate-section, the coffees and teas, the salad bar, the smoothies and juices… Yeah I guess you could just say I miss everything about it!
Could someone please bring Whole Foods to Finland?
I will visit everyday,
I want to share today’s Note from the Universe with you, cause I think it just rocks:
It’s perfectly normal, that when waiting for a really big dream to come true it seems like it’s taking forever, you wonder if you’re doing something wrong, and you feel like you should just be happy with less.
But I promise you, no matter how long it takes, once it happens it’ll seem as if time flew, you’ll wonder how you ever doubted yourself, and you’ll feel like you should have aimed a little higher.
Aim a little higher –
high, higher than the sky…